Welcome to the first annual Pop Culture Whore Summer TV Guide. Here are the shows The Whore is looking forward to the most this summer. There are some old returning favorites, as well as some sure to be new favorites! See our list of the top 9 shows YOU need to be watching this summer!
Read the list after the jump!
1. True Blood – The past two summers have been filled with love, loss and good ole fashioned blood sucking, thanks to HBO’s ridiculously addicting super hit. With Bill missing, Sookie acting crazy and the town going to hell, we can’t wait to see what creator Alan Ball has in store for our favorite group of Bon Temp Louisiana weirdos.
2. Jersey Shore – What could possibly be said about this MTV hit reality show that hasn’t been said? Snooki, The Situation and the gang head for Miami Beach to do as much
cultural damage as possible before heading back to Seaside Heights, NJ. The orange skin! The big hair! The horrible accents! We’ve got two fists in the air because July 29th can’t come soon enough!
3. Haven – This new SyFy show is based on the Stephen King novella “The Colorado Kid“. Haven depicts the story of an FBI agent who starts uncovering the secrets of a small Maine town. The secret? Everyone in the town has special powers that are muted by the town itself. Haven starts Friday July 9th on SyFy.
5. Persons Unknown – NBC has ordered this 13 episode stand alone series, a la the criminally underrated Harper’s Island, for a summer run. Persons Unknown is part The Prisoner, part Lost with a dash of The X-Files for good measure. It centers on a group of strangers who awake in a ghost town with no recollection of how they go there. The Whore has goose pimples already!
6. Rubicon – This ridiculously good looking show looks like everything The Whore has needed since Lost & 24 went off the air! Spys! Conspiracies! Government agencies! Action! Guns! All you need to do is watch the trailer below to see how insanely good this looks! Catch it in August on AMC.
7. Entourage – The HBO hit will be back for its 7th season June 27th. The Whore got to watch the first episode of the new season and boy does it kick off the season right! Vince learns a lot about himself when he does his own stunt for a film and Ari grows even more power hungry as he branches out into sports management! Our favorite Hollywood boys are back and crazier than ever!
8. Kathy Griffin: My Life On The D-List – Our favorite
B-Lister C-Lister D-Lister is back for the sixth season of her two time Emmy Award winning reality show. This season finds Kathy stalking A-Listers like Kristen Chenoweth and Liza Minelli while pretending to date Levi Johnson for publicity! Some things never change – and The Whore loves her for it!
9. The Real Housewives Of DC– Bravo’s newest installment of it’s super addicting Real Housewives franchise finds a whole new cast in a whole new town – Washington DC. The cast has already had some controversies as it was revealed the White House crashing couple has a role on the show. Already drama? LOVES it!
Did we miss any new shows or returning favorites that YOU will be watching? Let us know in the comments.