Discovery Airs Special Programming for Gears, Fears & Rears Week
|Discovery Airs Special Programming for Gears, Fears & Rears Week|
In just over a week, Discovery Channel launches it’s annual Shark Week – that glorious week where we torture ourselves watching our greatest oceanic fears come to life on screen. In the run up to Shark Week 2014 (starting August 10, 2014), Discovery is will have a week of special programming called ‘Gears, Fears and Rears Week‘. Gears, Fears and Rears week includes season finales, special encore presentations and more!
Programming includes the Season 10 finale of Deadliest Catch (check out our interview with Captain Sid Hansen and his daughter Mandy), the Street Outlaws season finale, Fast N Loud Reload, a Mythbusters with live, interactive Q&A, Naked and Afraid and more!
Be sure to interact with Discovery on their twitter while watching the upcoming slate of amazing programming. Gears, Fears and Rears Week begins this Sunday August 3, 2014.
Hit the jump for the full schedule of Discovery’s ‘Gears, Fears and Rears Week‘
– NAKED & AFRAID – Melt Down in Bolivia – Two survivalists are dropped into the merciless jungles of Bolivia. Severely challenged by flash floods, heat exhaustion and a life-threatening appendicitis attack, will the Wiccan gods of survival be with them or against them?
– NAKED & AFRAID Reload – Naked and Afraid: Uncensored – Includes an exclusive preview of next episode’s cast – Pediatrician Lisa and survival instructor Tom battle cold and rain in an Argentinian cloud forest. Teamwork may be the toughest challenge as they struggle to overcome clashing attitudes on survival.
– NAKED & AFRAID – Playing With Fire – Ultra marathoner Corinne and commercial fisherman, Chris, who also served as a Marine, are dropped on a deserted Dominica beach. With relentless rain, they must battle starvation, dehydration and each other as they try to survive 21 days in the brutal tropical terrain together. Battered by the environment and wet and freezing nights, Will the survivalists make it on this deserted island?
– STREET OUTLAWS Reload – Featuring live updates – The Oklahoma City racers take on the fastest cars and drivers in the south at the annual Cash Days race. Meanwhile, Farmtruck & AZN go out fishing, but may have ended up on another racer’s line.
9-11 – PM STREET OUTLAWS Finale – Chiefs Challenge– In this two-hour season finale, Big Chief finally calls out his best friend Murder Nova, in hopes of taking the #1 spot from Daddy Dave. Drag racer Kayla Morton and former Texan Boosted GT take their shot at the list. Farmtruck’s dream for a new sleeper becomes AZN’s worst nightmare.
– THE BAIT, DEADLIEST CATCH Pre-Show – The Opie season has finally drawn to a close and the fleet has reached the finish line. But the Bering Sea has exacted a steep price on the men and the boats. In this episode of THE BAIT, the captains gather to discuss their grueling season and what is ahead for season 11 of DEADLIEST CATCH.
– DEADLIEST CATCH Finale – The finale to a season nominated for four Primetime Emmy Awards, including Outstanding Reality Program. All will be answered in this two-hour, seven-boat epic episode. An arctic hurricane strikes the fleet; and another boat battles to keep the Cornelia Marie from running aground and sinking. Blood is shed on the Time Bandit under Captain Johnathan’s watch. The Hansens and crew must fix the Northwestern in the worst of conditions. Meanwhile, Captain Scott Campbell Jr. faces losing his boat and Elliott struggles to be reunited with his children. Zack puts his life on the line to keep the Cape Caution from exploding. And The Wizard sews up a near perfect season for Captain Keith.
– FAST N’ LOUD Reload – Caddy Rush Bucket/Bel-Air Beautiful Part 1 Special, featuring the Gas Monkey Crew – The crew takes on a ’68 Shelby Mustang that looks sweet but what’s it hiding? Richard flips his lid when Tom and Jordan buy two junker cars from two tourists. Richard and KC travel to a secret lair to make a deal on a Lotus Cortina and an ‘amphibi-car.’
– MYTHBUSTERS – Laws of Attraction – With a special multiplatform experience – Watch with Adam Savage and Jamie Hyneman during commercial breaks in this special online show where viewers can ask questions in real time. There will be interactive games where fans can try their luck with winning signed MYTHBUSTERS memorabilia. To watch the show, go to discovery.com/
– MYTHBUSTERS – Traffic Tricks – The MythBusters use sexy science to tackle five captivating clichés about the laws of attraction including if men really do prefer blondes, if pheromone sprays really work, if bigger boobs equal bigger tips, and does a man’s wealth really woo women?
– DEADLIEST CATCH Reload – Deadliest Catch: On Deck – An arctic hurricane strikes the fleet. The Cornelia Marie faces sinking. Blood is shed on the Time Bandit. The Northwestern needs repair in 30 foot seas. The Wizard has a near perfect season.
10-11P – DEADLIEST CATCH Special – A behind-the-scenes look at DEADLIEST CATCH and the guys who put their life on the line in one of the world’s most dangerous professions.
– NAKED & AFRAID Reload – Playing With Fire – Ultra marathoner Corinne and commercial fisherman, Chris, who also served as a Marine, are dropped on a deserted Dominica beach. With relentless rain, they must battle starvation, dehydration and each other as they try to survive 21 days in the brutal tropical terrain together. Battered by the environment and wet and freezing nights, Will the survivalists make it on this deserted island?
– NAKED & AFRAID Pop-up Edition – Argentina – In the shadows of the Andes Mountains, Argentina’s Yungas Cloud Forest poses a constant threat to wilderness survival instructor Tom and pediatrician Lisa. At 5,000 feet in elevation, the Yungas takes its toll on Tom and Lisa as they try to survive constant rain and temperatures that plummet to freezing at night. Will their desperate attempts to make shelter and find food succeed, or will hypothermia catch up with them first?